Pre-conference education at Evolution18 provides the opportunity to accelerate your Code42 product on-boarding or further enhance your product knowledge and skills while learning the latest and greatest Code42 features.
Review our pre-conference education topics from 2017.
- Code42 Foundations
Code42 Foundations will begin with fundamental client and end-user information especially applicable for help desk personnel and administrators new to Code42. Following the end-user experience, instruction will progress to an Administration Console review and an examination of Code42’s global administration configurations, focusing on how to define default backup settings and configure organization settings such as offered destinations and security policies. This session will include a mix of lecture and hands-on lab exercises. Level: Beginner (new Code42 administrators)
- Code42 API Workshop
- In this education session we will walk through the Code42 API and provide script recipes and hands-on guidance for use cases such as custom reports, integration with external monitoring systems and automated restores. Basic knowledge of the various UNIX/Linux shell environments (e.g. BIN/BASH/BOURNE) is recommended. Level: Advanced
- Client Customization and Directory Services
- Identity management within Code42 is vital to wide-scale deployment. At the same time, as IT administrators, it’s important to make end users' lives as easy as possible by having software preconfigured to your organization’s specifications. In this education session we will discuss and utilize Code42’s integrations with industry-standard directory services LDAP and SSO as well as cover ways in which admins can preconfigure the Code42 client installer prior to rollout, including co-branding and field pre-population. Level: Intermediate to advanced
- Code42 6.Xpert
Take a deep dive into the latest Code42 product release! In this course we will discuss and utilize new features introduced in Code42 platform version 6.0. This session will be of particular interest to those who have previously completed a Code42 education course or who have a high level of experience with Code42. Topics will include organization compliance settings, device bandwidth management, Code42 Security Center and user interface upgrades. Level: Intermediate
- Code42 User Lifecycle and Forensic Identification of Insider Threat
- This education session will focus on user lifecycle at a hypothetical organization. We will begin by discussing user on-boarding and designation of organization policies such as roles and permissions. Then, we will focus on Code42's user device refresh experience. The end of the user lifecycle will also be explored, including topics such as user off-boarding, Code42 cold storage and using Code42’s Security Center to identify potential insider threat. All instruction will be followed by hands-on application through an onsite virtual lab environment. Level: Beginner to intermediate